Have you been looking for a new pair of badminton shoes? There are so many options out there that it can be hard to whittle it down to just one. But if you have your sights set on buying from Yonex — one of the best brands in the world of badminton — you’re off to a good start.
Below, discover four of the best Yonex badminton shoes for dominating the court, along with their prices and where to find them.
What To Look For in a Badminton Shoe
What makes a great badminton shoe? The truth is there’s no one-size-fits-all answer — but as you shop, be sure to think about:
- Support: How much support will your new shoes bring to your feet? You’ll want ample cushioning that not only absorbs shock but also comfortably fits your foot shape.
- Width: If you have especially wide or narrow feet, shoe width is another factor to keep in mind.
- Durability: For avid players, you can expect a good pair of Yonex badminton shoes to last you 6-18 months. But if you’re more of a weekend warrior, they can last several months (or even years) longer.
- Budget: While well worth the investment, Yonex badminton shoes tend to range from $80 to $150. Of course, you can always save some money by shopping during sales — but if you’re looking for more budget-friendly options, you can find several other great shoes here.
4 Best Yonex Badminton Shoes for Comfort and Performance
To start your shopping journey, here are four of the best Yonex badminton shoes to check out:
1. Best Mid-Range: Yonex Power Cushion 65 X3
When it comes to mid-range options from Yonex, the Power Cushion 65 X3s are the way to go. You can often find a pair of these on sale for less than $100, and they’re a solid alternative to some of Yonex’s more expensive shoes.
They’re made of synthetic leather, resin, and rubber for overall durability. Plus, they’re built to absorb shock using Yonex’s Power Cushion Plus sole. And if you’re worried about slipping, these also have a Hexagrip outsole for extra stability and traction in every rally.
2. Best Budget-Friendly: Yonex Power Cushion 39 (Wide)
If you enjoy the comfort of wider shoes with extra toe space, the Yonex Power Cushion 39s are some of the best you can get for under $100.
These are built with Yonex’s Power Cushion sole to absorb high-impact shock, along with a Hexagrip outsole for on-the-court stability. They also have an expert-designed contour for added comfort while you play.
Overall, these shoes offer impressive all-around performance for their price point.
3. Best Men’s Overall: Yonex Power Cushion 65 Z3
Although a bit pricier, the Power Cushion 65 Z3s are a step up from the X3s — meaning you can expect the best possible performance from these shoes.
Used by badminton legend Viktor Axelsen, they come with everything you need for ultimate durability, comfort, and grip on the court.
Power Cushion Plus helps these shoes absorb up to 25% more shock, while the Radial Sole Grip provides clean, crisp movement in any direction. And thanks to their breathable mesh design, they help your feet stay cool in every training session.
4. Best Women’s Overall: Yonex Power Cushion Eclipsion Z3
The Power Cushion Eclipsion Z3s are a recent 2023 drop by Yonex, designed for female players who need quick, decisive footwork on the court.
Like the other shoes on this list, they come with Yonex’s Power Cushion Plus midsole. They’re also equipped with a rubber and plastic outsole and lateral shell for lightning-fast stability — whether you’re moving vertically, side-to-side, or diagonally.
Overall, these are a great choice if you’re looking for a durable, responsive shoe that won’t weigh you down.
Before You Buy
While badminton shoes often fall into categories (women’s, men’s, wide toe, etc.), know that you don’t have to limit yourself to any specific kind.
For example, many women players find that sizing down in men’s shoes works perfectly fine. And players who’ve never tried a wide-toe shoe before might discover that they much prefer the comfort and stability that comes with extra toe space.
At any rate, it’s best to swing into your local sports store to try a few on before you buy. That way, you’ll have a solid idea of what feels comfortable, what doesn’t, and what Yonex size fits you best.