A quality badminton bag is a worthy investment for anyone who’s committed to the sport. Your bag will be with you for years — and you’re going to want to make sure it covers all of your necessary bases. It should protect your rackets and have enough room for clothes, towels, shoes, and any other necessities, all while staying sturdy throughout your badminton journey.
Below, you can find a buyer’s guide for choosing a badminton bag, including features to look for and five top picks for 2022.
Choosing Your Badminton Bag: Important Features
Badminton kit bags come in many shapes and styles. Some are over-the-shoulder racket-shaped bags, while others are more backpack-like.
Regardless of the type you choose, here are some features to look for:
- Sturdiness: You’ll want a bag that holds its shape, even when not filled to the brim with supplies — in other words, watch out for flimsy products! The good news is that you won’t need to worry about this too much if you buy from a reputable badminton brand, as they typically use only high-quality materials.
- Thermal protection: Brands will mention if their bag can protect your racket from harsh temperatures. For example, Thermo Guard is a technology that Yonex offers to protect your rackets against especially cold or hot climates.
- Compartments: What do you plan on carrying in your bag? Just your rackets and shuttles? Or do you also want room for shoes, towels, a change of clothes, some snacks, and your water bottle? If you never want to show up underprepared, keep an eye out for larger bags with plenty of extra compartments.
Best Badminton Bags in 2022
Without further ado, here are the five best badminton bags that you can pick up in 2022.
1. Best Blend of Price and Quality: Yonex Badminton Bag 9631
The Yonex Badminton Bag 9631 offers excellent value for its price point. It comes with all the features you’d want in a badminton bag — including plenty of space, padding to protect your rackets, a thermal-protected compartment, and room to store all of your miscellaneous accessories.
2. Best for Spaciousness: The Yonex 920212EX Badminton Bag
The Yonex 920212EX Badminton Bag is a bag from Yonex’s Pro series. It’s exceptionally spacious, holding up to 12 rackets at a time (although it might get a little packed), and comes with Thermo Guard lining to protect your supplies from heat and cold. It also offers three large compartments, a designated area for your shoes, and adjustable backpack straps for smooth traveling.
3. Best Medium-Sized Bag: Yonex Pro 6 Racquet Bag
The Yonex Pro 6 Racquet Bag is a medium-sized bag that takes durability to a new level. It has a racket-shaped shell made with reinforced external and internal material that’s sure to hold up over time. Beyond that, it has room for up to six rackets and comes with two adjustable straps for your convenience.
All in all, this is the choice for you if you’re looking for a great all-around medium-sized bag.
4. Best Budget: Senston Badminton/Tennis Racket Bag
If you’re looking for a badminton bag on a budget, look no further than the Senston Badminton Racket Bag.
This is an ideal choice if you need something cost-effective yet sturdy enough to safely store your supplies in. It fits between five and six badminton rackets, is waterproof and dustproof, and uses ventilation to prevent humidity (and scents) from building up around your items.
5. Best Style: Yonex Endorsed by Legend Lee Chong Wei Limited-Edition Kit Bag
The Yonex Endorsed by Legend Lee Chong Wei Limited-Edition Kit Bag offers a unique style for those who want something different from standard designs.
Like the Yonex 9631 bag, it comes with foam-lined compartments, including a thermal-protected space to keep your rackets safe from heat and cold. Its eye-catching design comes in both black and gold and black and red colorways.
Final Thoughts Before You Buy
Badminton bags come in a wide range of price points and designs, and it can be hard to settle on just one.
The bags listed here are some of the best on the market in 2022 — so we hope they’ve helped you narrow your search. But if you do decide to spend some more time shopping around, just remember to keep these key qualities in mind:
- Durability and sturdiness
- Ability to protect your supplies
- Roomy enough to suit your unique needs
For more badminton buyer’s guides, tips, and strategies, check out BadmintonJustin.com today